Friday, October 27, 2006

CELEBRATE your birthday

The last remaining hours I have left before I am legally an adult have been spent on studying Italian and hanging out in the computer lab waiting for class to start. I have not had any sleep for the past 31 hours and will stay awake until it hits 12:00 a.m. tonight/tomorrow.

This entry has been pushed back because I honestly didn't know what to write, but the past week, me trying to enjoy whatever I can while I can is basically going to be my topic. So for the past week, I've been trying to milk whatever I can using the excuse of "My birthday is in (so many) days!" And I have been honestly estatic for it. Yet for some reason many of the people I know seem to have no enthusiasm for when their birthdays near. It may be due to my immaturity (though I doubt it because I do consider myself mature, I just act immature because life's a bore if you're a stiff all the time) or it may just be due to me having nothing else better to do. Whatever the reason is to my excitement for my birthday, I think everyone else should also embrace it. You're only young once, so take advantage of it people. Let the people who you love and loves you spoil you for that day or week. I believe you're entitled to that, after all they would not get to know the great you, and you would not get to know the great them. So CELEBRATE. I know I will. At least I'm trying to do as much as I can. I'm having fun and I have yet had a really upset moment this entire week. Besides the fact that I have been awake for the past 31 hours, but whatever haha.

Later on tonight, I will be heading to Santa Monica Beach, or some beach, have a bonfire, dance around it, and at midnight we will rob a liquor store. (I kid of course) but the thought of it just sounds exciting, does it not? And the fact that I will be spending the moment I turn 18 with people who I know will be there for me no matter what is just as good.

Let me put this scenario in your mind, when you hit 40, more than likely, the majority of the people I know will feel resentful because they're getting so old. Right now, you are young, at least the majority of the people who read this are, so what I say now is celebrate being young, and when you get older, celebrate being old. Because both has its benefits. :)

My entry of trying to enjoy life is really ironic considering I'm such a pessimist about everything about life. But the one thing that I enjoy is the celebration of the day when you were born, hah. My middle name should be irony. Perhaps I'll name my kid that. :)

Nothing deep this week. Just more of a belief that's trying to spread to those who read this journal. :) Hope y'all have a good Halloween. (which will be my next topic next week.. I believe)

No comments: